Play Theme Song


Beautiful October Evening

Scripture

"I will hear what God Jehovah will speak, for he will speak peace to His people and to His faithful ones; But let them not turn again unto folly."
(Psalm 85:8)

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Annual Training 2008!

Well, we just got back from spending a fun-filled two weeks at Fort Chaffee! Let me tell you, it's hard work getting a bunch of old vehicles to work right after sitting idle for over two years! They either didn't want to start, or the computers refused to talk, or something else wasn't working right! After several drills trying to get up and running, and a week in the motor pool leading up to it, we finally get into the field and fired off a couple hundred rounds with outstanding accuracy! Aside from a small problem with a new propellant there at the end, it was a smashing success! I spent most of my time sitting in a HMMWV (humvee) watching the gun line, verifying location, establishing firing positions and generally watching things happen (or not happen, as in when the A-10s took over our target area!). Below are a few photos and a couple of video highlights for you. Enjoy!!






1st Platoon firing Low Angle

Yep, that's my platoon sergeant walking back from the gunline. Notice he doesn't even flinch when they fire? I think he's been doing this awhile.


1st Platoon firing High Angle

Only Guns 1 & 3 are firing here. Gun 2 went down with a battery charging issue. It managed to continue firing only after they hooked the CAT up to the front power.

I hope you enjoyed these images! That's all for now, but I'll add stuff as I get it. S!

1 comment:

The Cone Family said...

Kenny thought the videos were pretty cool and wanted to watch multiple times.